Sports News 247

Transfer Talk USMNT’s Adams on Man Utd radar if Leeds drop

0

[ad_1]

The summer transfer window may not be open yet in Europe, but teams are getting ready for it, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: USMNT’s Adams on radar at Man Utd

United States men’s national team and Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams is on the radar of Manchester United, according to Football Insider.

The Elland Road side reportedly have “no chance” of keeping hold of the 24-year-old if they suffer relegation to the Championship on Sunday, with multiple clubs in the Premier League as well as in Europe already keeping close tabs on him.

Adams’ deal at Leeds runs through 2027 following his arrival last summer from RB Leipzig for a reported fee pf £20 million, including add-ons. The report states that Adams, who has missed the last two months due to a hamstring injury, could secure leave for around £35m.

Sources have told ESPN last week that Manchester United are working with a budget of between £100m-£150m, which would be supplemented with funds raised by departures. Among the areas that Erik ten Hag’s side will look to reinforce will be in the midfield position.

Tyler made 24 Premier League starts for Leeds this season and served as the USMNT’s captain at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)

LIVE BLOG

21.27 BST: Galatasaray are interested in Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Leandro Paredes, according to Calciomercato. The 28-year-old Argentina international has spent this season on loan with Juventus, but the Turin giants have no interest in making the deal permanent, and PSG’s lack of interest in Paredes returning to the French capital has left the door open for Galatasaray.

20.54 BST: Centre-back Pablo Mari is set to make his loan from Arsenal to Monza a permanent transfer, according to Football Insider. The Serie A side have activated their option to sign the 29-year-old Brazilian for a £4.4m transfer fee, with the deal set to be completed in the coming days.

20.21 BST: SC Freiburg goalkeeper Mark Flekken is close to a move to Brentford, according to Sky Sport Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. The Bees will activate the 29-year-old’s €13m release clause, with Flekken set to sign a five-year deal with the Premier League outfit with current Brentford shot-stopper David Raya looking set to depart the west London club this summer.

19.48 BST: Manchester City are willing to part ways with right-back Joao Cancelo for a €40m transfer fee this summer, according to Sport, with Barcelona lurking. The 28-year-old Portugal international has spent the second half of the season on loan at Bayern Munich, however the German giants are reportedly unwilling to sign Cancelo permanently, opening the door for Barca, who are in the market for defensive reinforcements this summer.

Cancelo’s falling out with manager Pep Guardiola is said to have played a part in his exit from the Etihad. City paid Juventus a €65m transfer fee in 2019 to bring the versatile defender to the Premier League.

19.15 BST: Tottenham are open to offers for left-back Ben Davies, reports Football Insider. The 30-year-old has been a mainstay for Spurs this season, featuring 39 times in all competitions, but the borth London outfit will move on from the Wales international if they receive a £15m transfer fee.

18.42 BST: Liverpool are looking to extend forward Mohamed Salah‘s contract until 2027, according to Ekrem Konur, despite having agreed fresh terms on a deal running through 2025 just last summer. The 30-year-old Egypt international has enjoyed another stellar personal campaign for the Reds, netting 30 goals in all competitions, with clubs in Europe and Saudi Arabia are monitoring the situation.

18.09 BST: Leeds United are unlikely to sign midfielder Weston McKennie permanently this summer after his loan deal from Juventus expires, according to Calciomercato. With the West Yorkshire outfit staring down relegation to the Championship, the report suggests the €40m transfer fee needed to sign the United States international is not feasible for the Whites.

17.36 BST: There has been no discussions between Liverpool and Real Madrid regarding a move for left-back Andy Robertson, according to Rudy Galetti. The 27-year-old Scotland international is under contract at Anfield until 2026, and will likely command a hefty transfer fee if he is to depart the Merseyside club. Los Blancos are reportedly keen to sign a left-back this summer with Ferland Mendy expected to leave the club this summer, as midfielder Eduardo Camavinga has been preferred on the left side of defence.

17.03 BST: Arsenal, Chelsea and Barcelona are interested in RB Leipzig midfielder Dani Olmo, reports Ekrem Konur. The 25-year-old Spain international’s contract expires in little more than 12 months’ time, but the Bundesliga club are negotiating a new deal with the player. If they can’t agree fresh terms, Leipzig may have to part ways with the playmaker at a discounted transfer fee to ensure he does not leave on a free transfer next summer.

16.30 BST: Brighton have made some excellent signings in recent years and they’ve paid off.

play

1:45

De Zerbi: Players deserve all the praise for Brighton’s style

Roberto De Zerbi reacts to the praise his Brighton side have received for their style of play this season.

15.50 BST: Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa is on the radar of Man United, Bayern Munich and Tottenham Hotspur, according to Record.

Costa, 23, has 15 clean sheets this season and is in great form. The Portugal international has a €75m release clause and Porto’s financial situation could see them let him go this summer.

United, Bayern and Tottenham are all after a long-term No. 1 goalkeeper, but €75m could prove too expensive, so they may try and negotiate the fee down.

15.06 BST: AS Roma boss Jose Mourinho has opened up on his disappointing spell in charge of Tottenham Hotspur, saying they are the only one of his former clubs that he doesn’t still have a “deep feeling for.”

The 60-year-old, who has managed 10 teams in a career that began in 2000, is on the verge of leading Roma to back-to-back European titles in next week’s Europa League final against Sevilla.

Mourinho underlined the importance of enjoying the final amid reports that he could leave the Italian side, adding that he “will forever be tied to Roma,” but acknowledged the feelings are not the same when it comes to his former club Tottenham.

The former FC Porto, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United boss, who led Roma to their first European title by winning the Conference League last season, said he feels no connection with Spurs.

Mourinho was sacked by Spurs in April 2021 after 17 months in charge and six days before the League Cup final — which they lost under interim manager Ryan Mason.

“I hope the Tottenham fans don’t get me wrong but the only club in my career where I don’t have still a deep feeling for is Tottenham,” Mourinho said. “Probably because the stadium was empty, COVID time. Probably because Mr Levy [Spurs chairman Daniel Levy] didn’t let me win a final and win a trophy.

“But it’s the only one, so after that — Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid, Manchester United — all the clubs I feel a connection.”

14.46 BST: Fabrizio Romano reports that PSG and Chelsea are tracking Sporting CP midfielder Manuel Ugarte.

Ugarte, 22, has impressed in the Portuguese league and played for Uruguay at the 2022 World Cup.

The combative defensive midfielder is considered one of Europe’s top talents and he reportedly has a €60m release clause in his contract.

PSG have submitted an offer less than €60m, while Chelsea are considering their next move while also scouting Moises Caicedo of Brighton. Record reports that the player would prefer to move to England.

13.35 BST: Newcastle are keen to sign RB Leipzig midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai, says Sky Sports.

Szoboszlai, 22, has nine goals and 13 assists from 44 games this season and the Hungary captain has attracted transfer interest from Arsenal and Liverpool.

With a contract until 2026, Leipzig hold the cards, but the German club are reportedly open to offers of around €45m.

12.58 BST: Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has reassured fans that signings will be made this summer to strengthen the squad after missing out on the LaLiga title to Barcelona.

Despite having the best attacking in LaLiga, with 72 goals scored in 36 games, Los Blancos are in the market for a striker to replace 35-year-old Karim Benzema long term.

Madrid are tracking Dusan Vlahovic of Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur’s Richarlison as options to strengthen their attack, multiple sources have told ESPN. While Espanyol striker Joselu is also reportedly among the players the club have monitored in recent months.

“We are looking,” Ancelotti said in Friday’s news conference. “We are going to work to improve the squad, but I don’t want to talk about names. I like Joselu, just as I like other strikers like [Celta Vigo’s Iago] Aspas, [Atletico Madrid’s Alvaro] Morata, in terms of Spanish players.”

As for Madrid’s defensive line, Ancelotti says his team is covered.

“We had the serious injury of [Ferland] Mendy which has created problems for us,” Ancelotti admitted. “But we have confidence in him. He is very strong, and he’s done well in the past. He’s found it more difficult this year. We are OK in defence.”

Ancelotti, meanwhile, expects Eden Hazard to continue at Real Madrid beyond this summer. The Belgium winger’s contract expires in June 2024 and despite making playing just 392 minutes this season, he has expressed his desire to continue at the Bernabeu stadium.

“Hazard is under contract so it is logical that he stays,” Ancelotti said. “That is how things stand at the moment.”

12.30 BST: Why would Man United sign Neymar?

play

0:48

Laurens: Why would Ten Hag want Neymar?

Julien Laurens plays down the prospect of Neymar making a dramatic switch from PSG to Manchester United.

11.32 BST: The Sun reports that Man United are ready to move on midfielders Donny van de Beek and Scott McTominay this summer.

Van de Beek, 26, has struggled since making the €45m move from Ajax in 2021, while McTominay, 26, is attracting interest from Newcastle and West Ham.

United’s £60m pursuit of Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount is given as the reason for offloading these two midfielders, as the club look to rebuild after sealing Champions League football for next season.

10.48 BST: The Times claims Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia is on the radar of Chelsea and Liverpool.

Lavia, 19, has impressed this season, despite Saints going down, and there is a £40m clause for the Belgium midfielder to return to former club Manchester City if they choose.

However, Chelsea and Liverpool could move first to seal a deal for the midfielder.

10.19 BST: Barcelona right-back Jules Kounde has vehemently denied reports he wants to leave the club this summer.

Amid rumours circulating in Spain that Kounde is unhappy and has asked Barca to listen to offers for him at the end of the season, Kounde tweeted: “To make it clear: at no time did I ask to leave, so I’m not going anywhere.”

Kounde, 24, joined Barca from Sevilla in a €50m transfer last summer. He made 38 appearances across all competitions, including 27 in the league, to help Barca clinch the LaLiga title. A reported target of Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea, he is under contract with Barca until June 2027.

09.40 BST: AC Milan will enter negotiations with Real Madrid to sign Brahim Diaz this summer on a permanent transfer, according to Sky Italia.

Diaz, 23, is under contract with the Spanish giants until June 2025 and has been a key player for Stefano Pioli, scoring six goals and setting up six more in 31 league appearances.

The Spain winger has played the last two seasons on loan at Milan from Real Madrid and wants to stay with the Rossoneri beyond this summer. His fee will be set at around €22m.

09.04 BST: Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo says he is facing the prospect of losing Portuguese striker Beto this summer.

Beto, 25, is under contract with Udinese until June 2026 and has a €25m release clause. A target of Serie A champions Napoli, Beto has scored 10 goals in 32 appearances for Udinese this season and has attracted the attention of Premier League clubs as well.

“He is a very talented player, and he is still young,” Pozzo said. “But when offers from big clubs arrive it’s difficult to retain them [these players]”.

Beto joined Udinese on a season-long loan in the summer of 2021 before Udinese paid €7m for his permanent transfer.

“I don’t think about the future,” Beto said. “Anything can happen. Now I just want to help the team in these last two games.”

08.22 BST: Real Madrid will announce the signing of Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund once the Bundesliga season ends, Marca reports.

Madrid recently sent club emissaries to Dortmund to finalise the preliminary agreement they had reached earlier this year to sign the England international.

Los Blancos will pay a transfer fee of €100m to sign Bellingham, with that figure expected to increase with certain performance-related clauses included.

Bellingham, 19, has received bigger salary offers from other clubs but turned them down as his wish is to play for Real Madrid. However, he will not be among the highest-paid players at Madrid during his six-year contract.

Dortmund host Mainz on Saturday in their final league game of the season, two points ahead of Bayern Munich in the race for the title.

08.00 BST: Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah said there was “no excuse” for his team’s failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League after Manchester United clinched the remaining top-four spot in the Premier League on Thursday.

Man United’s 4-1 win over Chelsea means that with one game remaining Liverpool are guaranteed to finish fifth and go into the Europa League. It is the first time that Liverpool have failed to qualify for Europe’s top club competition since Salah joined the team in 2017.

“I’m totally devastated,” Salah tweeted. “There’s absolutely no excuse for this.

“We had everything we needed to make it to next year’s Champions League and we failed. We are Liverpool and qualifying to the competition is the bare minimum. I am sorry but it’s too soon for an uplifting or optimistic post. We let you and ourselves down.”

play

1:50

Moreno: I’m not sure what Salah achieves by apologizing

After Mohamed Salah apologizes for Liverpool’s failure to make the Champions League, Alejandro Moreno says it’s too little too late.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

Real Madrid have identified AC Milan defender Theo Hernandez as a potential replacement for left-back Ferland Mendy, according to Sport. Madrid see the 25-year-old as their top option if they are able to offload Mendy this summer, who hasn’t fully impressed since a €48m move from Lyon in 2019.

– AC Milan have approached the representatives of Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino, reveals Calciomercato. The 31-year-old Brazil international is set to become a free agent next month, and it looks as though the Rossoneri are among the first clubs who are assessing a move for his services. With the Serie A club taking time before advancing talks, it is expected that they will also check to see whether it is possible to sign Real Madrid forward Marco Asensio on a free as well.

Chelsea plan to make centre-back Levi Colwill a long-term part of their future project, says CBS journalist Ben Jacobs. The 20-year-old has enjoyed a bright spell on loan at Brighton this season, and it is reported that he won’t look to force an exit from Stamford Bridge if he is handed sufficient game time next season.

Inter Milan are set to join the race for Sporting CP defender Goncalo Inacio, according to Ekrem Konur. The 21-year-old has been a key player for the Lisbon side this season, where he made 47 appearances across all competitions. He has also been linked with Liverpool, but the Nerazzurri see Inacio as a long term replacement for Milan Skriniar, who is set to join Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer this summer.

Newcastle United are keeping close watch on RB Leipzig attacking midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai, reports Sky Sports. The Magpies, who have been linked with the 22-year-old recently, are said to have scouted him on two occasions over the past fortnight, with the report indicating that they have identified the Bundesliga star as one of their first potential reinforcements after confirming their place in the Champions League next season.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.